for tape | 05:35
by Melissa Dunphy
There is no score for this work currently available. Please contact the composer for more information.
Insects explores the intersection of two similar sounds: those of insects, and the various sometimes involuntary noises we produce with our own mouths. Composed late at night using sounds recorded from the composer’s own mouth and manipulated with Ableton Live.
Featured in a KVSC FM broadcast and on BBC Radio 3 (Late Junction with Verity Sharp).
Artwork by Stephen Lyth
- 21 Oct, 2018: NJDAC at Shindell Choral Hall, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- 10 Apr, 2010: SEAMUS National Conference at St. Cloud University, MN
- 05 Dec, 2009: Beauty, Horror and Silence Festival at Harold Golen Gallery, FL
- 13 Nov, 2009 - 14 Nov, 2009: Electro-Acoustic Jukebox at FEASt Festival, Florida International University, FL
- 06 Feb, 2009: Melissa Dunphy at Gates Recital Hall, West Chester University, PA